Hi, Welcome to my blog!

Here's a little about me and why I love photography.

I've been married to my best friend for 5 years. I'm a young mom of 2 little girls. (As I type this, one is 3 years and one is 3 months old). The photo on the left is of the 3 year old (my other daughter is also hiding in the photo- I was pregnant at the time ;)

I love photographing people and details. I've learned that what really matters is not the pictures of the people, but the pictures that show who a person really is. That's why I tend to photograph people doing things together. I direct a little, and pose a little now and then, but I really treasure the opportunity to capture the real moments.

For more information on the basics of what I do, pricing, etc. you can visit my website. The blog will show you a few photos from each session. It'll also be where you'll see contests from time to time and announcements about upcoming events and changes at Heather Lynne Photography. I also blog a little about my life here, so you'll get to know me a bit through reading.

I hope you'll check it out & stay a while!

If you're interested in subscribing to the RSS feed (you need a feed reader to do that!), click on the little orange box below.


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ava's Tea Party

For a while now, I've been following Sheye Rosemeyer's Blog . I am drawn to not only her fabulous photography, but her truthful and wonderfully written posts about her family, her friends, and her experiences.

If you have never heard of Sheye or visited her blog, you should check it out! When I first visited her blog, I clicked on a link called Ava and read about Sheye's Super Princess. I was touched and deeply affected by her story and many entries that I read in the archives of Sheye's blog.

That day I did a lot of thinking, some praying, and some reevaluating of my life. That day I changed my desktop photo to one of pink balloons, to remind me of the priority in my days- my own little princesses.

Today Sheye's blog is about celebrating Ava's birthday, and everyone is invited:





I intend to take time on Saturday to have a pink milk tea party with my girls. For Ava, for my girls, and for the reminder that I continually need, to treasure each moment, to live in the moment, and to make the moments beautiful.

Because I don't have photos to share from Ava's day, here's one from another tea party on Talia's birthday:

3 comments:

Sylvia Borgo August 24, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Thanks for sharing Sheye's blog! What an inspiration. I love that you have a pink balloon on your desktop. So sweet.

Amanda August 27, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

I love this post, Heather. I missed the tea party day, but I'll have to have one with my girls sometime still. Thanks for the reminder to make those special moments for us to share.

AbiQ September 3, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

OMG this is the cutest thing ever!! I wish I would of known! I would of made cupcakes in her honor!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP