Hi, Welcome to my blog!

Here's a little about me and why I love photography.

I've been married to my best friend for 5 years. I'm a young mom of 2 little girls. (As I type this, one is 3 years and one is 3 months old). The photo on the left is of the 3 year old (my other daughter is also hiding in the photo- I was pregnant at the time ;)

I love photographing people and details. I've learned that what really matters is not the pictures of the people, but the pictures that show who a person really is. That's why I tend to photograph people doing things together. I direct a little, and pose a little now and then, but I really treasure the opportunity to capture the real moments.

For more information on the basics of what I do, pricing, etc. you can visit my website. The blog will show you a few photos from each session. It'll also be where you'll see contests from time to time and announcements about upcoming events and changes at Heather Lynne Photography. I also blog a little about my life here, so you'll get to know me a bit through reading.

I hope you'll check it out & stay a while!

If you're interested in subscribing to the RSS feed (you need a feed reader to do that!), click on the little orange box below.


Monday, July 6, 2009

Talia's 3rd Birthday Party

I'm finding lately that I really enjoy running around at events, capturing the meaningful moments and the special details.

Back in January, my daughter Talia turned 3. I planned a "Fairy Princess Tea Party" for her and a couple of her little friends, and took pictures of it all.

If you're on my personal facebook, then you may have seen these back then, but I thought they might be worth sharing on here as well. They're another example of a type of event that could be covered with photography.



Talia's Fairy Princess Tea Party
January, 2009



Talia and a doll, before the 'real' guests arrived.


At the end of a treasure hunt around the house, they found their treasure (chocolate coins, bracelets, and crowns) in the chest, along with their own tutus.


I made the tutus & bracelets! I felt so "Martha"! ;)


Each guest had a little bag of "pixie dust" to sprinkle on her cupcake


This one was taken by my husband- one of the rare pictures featuring me :)


Frosting was by far the most popular part of the cupcakes ;)

I have to give credit to No Fuss Fabulous for some of these party ideas- check out their website for more fun ideas! :)

9 comments:

2 Angels Photography July 24, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

love the pics of your daughter! Loove at all of those Tutu's! Adorable

Annie Warren July 25, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Oh what a beautiful party. As a mother of 2 little boys, I secretly long for tuille and tiaras, pretty pastels and fairy glitter. One thing looks VERY familiar though. The cupcake.... minus the frosting. Ha ha ha! I guess little boys and little girls are essentially the same! GORGEOUS images Heather.

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog July 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Thank you 2 angels, and Annie :) haha about the frosting :)

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog July 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Thank you 2 angels, and Annie :) haha about the frosting :)

Kelly LaBruyere July 27, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Adorable! I love the purple tiara!

Cruise Gossip Girl July 29, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

I adore the little details. And your little one is so cute. Great job on the tutu's!

Frank DiMeo July 31, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

amazing, no really AMAZING!!!

I love the colors and your sweater matches so nicely.

The love is evident in these images Heather.
So cute too!

Sandy August 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

What a lovely little sweetheart and a dream party! This makes me want to have a daughter and I'm going to fly you down to plan the party :) My son's two-year-old birthday is next month, and all I can come up with is to put tractors on the cake

Sylvia Borgo August 24, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

Awwww, it's great to see you in this set! These images are all positively delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP