Hi, Welcome to my blog!

Here's a little about me and why I love photography.

I've been married to my best friend for 5 years. I'm a young mom of 2 little girls. (As I type this, one is 3 years and one is 3 months old). The photo on the left is of the 3 year old (my other daughter is also hiding in the photo- I was pregnant at the time ;)

I love photographing people and details. I've learned that what really matters is not the pictures of the people, but the pictures that show who a person really is. That's why I tend to photograph people doing things together. I direct a little, and pose a little now and then, but I really treasure the opportunity to capture the real moments.

For more information on the basics of what I do, pricing, etc. you can visit my website. The blog will show you a few photos from each session. It'll also be where you'll see contests from time to time and announcements about upcoming events and changes at Heather Lynne Photography. I also blog a little about my life here, so you'll get to know me a bit through reading.

I hope you'll check it out & stay a while!

If you're interested in subscribing to the RSS feed (you need a feed reader to do that!), click on the little orange box below.


Monday, June 1, 2009

Photoshop Fun

First order of business: If you've left me a message in the last 2 weeks, or are waiting to schedule a session, I will be in touch with you this week.

I've been away on vacation for 2 weeks and I know it's been pretty dead around this blog, so I thought it was about time I posted!

And no, I don't have any photos to share from our trip- they haven't even been loaded onto the computer yet!

But I do have something photo-related to share. This evening after I got the girls to bed, I decided to get on the computer and play around with some things in Photoshop, for fun (it's been a while!).

I pulled up a photo that I took in January of 2008 and re-did the processing.
Here's how I processed it then:



Tonight I did some sharpening, burning, cloning, channel mixing, and added a border. When I was finished, it looked like this:



It's always interesting to me, to pull out an old picture that I took, and then re-process it the way I would do it now. It's encouraging to see that I'm learning more about Photoshop over time!

I love computers, art, and photography, so processing images on the computer after shooting is one of my favourite parts of photography. I've shared a few before & afters on my facebook page and have received interested comments about them, so I thought I'd make this the first of more posts on the blog about Photoshop and sharing some before & afters.

Now, I'm just curious... to me, the above photo is about the two birds sitting together... did your eye go to them? Or was it just a picture of part of a tree, to you?

4 comments:

The Bedke Fam June 4, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

cool picture. i love the way you processed it. i'll be honest...i didn't even notice the 2 birds but then after you said that i couldn't stop noticing the birds. lol.

i'm excited to hear about the vacation :)

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog June 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Thanks Jacquie, I need to get on it & upload those photos to the computer- yesterday I took a couple of pics of Katrina & filled my card, so I really do need to ;)

Yeah, that's what happened to me too, I was just taking pics of the tree with lots of birds on it, experimenting, then when I looked through them, I noticed this one had just 2 noticable birds, sitting together, & thought that was cool.

Katherine Klegin June 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

My eyes definitely went to the birds. You need to blow this up and put it on canvas. Truly a work of art!

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog June 15, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Thanks Katherine! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP