Hi, Welcome to my blog!

Here's a little about me and why I love photography.

I've been married to my best friend for 5 years. I'm a young mom of 2 little girls. (As I type this, one is 3 years and one is 3 months old). The photo on the left is of the 3 year old (my other daughter is also hiding in the photo- I was pregnant at the time ;)

I love photographing people and details. I've learned that what really matters is not the pictures of the people, but the pictures that show who a person really is. That's why I tend to photograph people doing things together. I direct a little, and pose a little now and then, but I really treasure the opportunity to capture the real moments.

For more information on the basics of what I do, pricing, etc. you can visit my website. The blog will show you a few photos from each session. It'll also be where you'll see contests from time to time and announcements about upcoming events and changes at Heather Lynne Photography. I also blog a little about my life here, so you'll get to know me a bit through reading.

I hope you'll check it out & stay a while!

If you're interested in subscribing to the RSS feed (you need a feed reader to do that!), click on the little orange box below.


Friday, March 27, 2009

De Jong's Furniture Retirement Sale

My dad and his brothers are retiring. My grandfather started the business when they came to Canada from Holland when my dad & his twin brother were 3 years old. The store has been a big part of my life and the lives of all of my family members, so it's a pretty huge event for us all.

I was in town for the start of an early opening to their retirement sale where I got a chance to take a few photos. Here are just a few of them:



This was taken the day before the sale:


People waiting in line for the doors to open:


There's still equipment in the back room from when they used to build their own furniture:


A shot of my uncle in the office, as I'll remember him there. (I worked at the store when I was younger- so many memories in this photo!)

5 comments:

Jen March 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

i actually saw an advertisement in the hamilton spectator and wondered if it was the store you always mention..

Cruise Gossip Girl May 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

That shot of your uncle made me tear up for a moment, wishing I had a shot like that of my mother, doing something she loved before she passed. I just love the timeless quaslity you've captured here. Very nice.

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog June 15, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

PEP, thank you. I went back recently, to get a similar type of shot of my dad at the store, before it officially closes. I'm so glad I got it!

The Musson Family June 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Well lets see the one of your dad to Heather. I love the picture of your uncle.

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog June 19, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Hi Sherry :) I'm doing something for my dad for father's day that includes the pic. of him. Maybe I can share it on here after Father's Day :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP